Wednesday, March 26, 2014

New FO

Finally finished my Little Cotton Rabbits Boy Fox! He is a cutie! When I look at him and hold him in my hand I really just want to curl up and nap with him! I was careful not to over stuff him and I left his ears and tail completely unstuffed. Usually when a pattern calls for a tail I avoid them all together, but this pattern may have changed my mind. I am going to have to try unstuffed tails more often. 


He is knit with Malabrigo Worsted in Apple Cinnamon for the main color and Simply Taupe for the contrast color. The brown used on his ears and eyes is Knitpicks Swish Dk in Truffle. I knit him using my Chiaogoo interchanges on a size 6. Next time I will go down to a size 5; my stitches could have been a bit tighter.


When I was seaming him all together I was getting a little frustrated; he requires more detailed work then what I am use to. It felt like the never ending task but I am glad I stuck it out and finished him the way described in the pattern because he really looks great and is very cuddly. I love how floppy the leg join is even though I am not a fan of how it looks. When I knit Julie's patterns in the future I think I will try knitting some of it in the round and grafting the stitches between the legs as well as the tops of his feet closed for a smoother finish. 






No comments: