Wednesday, June 11, 2008

First Post-Intro

Hello Guys. I finally decided to create a blog here. I am not very good at keeping up to date on blogging but we will see how it goes.

My name is Sara and I love to knit. I taught myself about two years ago and really haven't stopped since. I consider my self to be an intermediate knitter and really enjoy to knit toys and baby booties; their small projects that can keep my attention long enough to finish. I recently made my first sock.....yes it is baby sized but i think i might be hooked. I am currently working on my designing skills and hope to create more patterns. At the moment I have one pattern posted on another blog for a seamless heart toy and am working on a pattern for a pair of seamless baby booties.

My favorite toy designers are Hansigurumi, Barbara Prime a.k.a FuzzyMitten, Alan Dart, Jean Greenhowe, and a personal friend of mine Shar.

Along with knitting I crochet and needle felt. I learned to crochet about a year ago and really enjoyed it until my carpel tunnel started to worsen so now i only crochet once in a great while. I am still new to needle felting, and have only been doing so since March but the minute I started I was addicted. I absolutely love the craft. It is extremely relaxing and allows me to focus my sole attention on one thing. It allows me a small period of time were i am completely closed off to the world around me. I have only finished one project but i am currently working on my second and it is coming along nicely.

Well i think thats it for now. I will try to put a couple more post up with some of my projects I have made and the pattern i have for the heart.

No comments: